Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Free stuff of free junk?!


After scouring the internet for way to get free samples and free products, I found a few websites that provide free products in return for an honest review on Amazon or their own website. Yesterday, I received my first two free products (lucky right?!) One was from Tomoson, which hooks up reviewers with start up companies. Products are provided free of cost or for a significant discount. I received an offer for a free iPhone case in exchange for an Amazon review from this site. The other item I received was a set of free coupons for Daisy Squeeze sour cream from BzzAgent. BzzAgent finds consumers to try out free products for market research.

The iPhone case  was made by a company called Gosh. It arrived in my mailbox and it seemed like it would be a nice, sturdy case based on the bulkiness and quality of the packaging. The packaging was a nice thick plastic and very high quality, so I had high hopes for the iPhone case. I opened the packaging and removed the case and the cleaning cloth that also came with the case. To my disappointment, the case literally fell apart in my hand. As I sat there trying to figure out how to put the thing back together, my husband and mom could not contain their laughter. My first free item endeavor was turning out to be a mild disaster. Not only was the case very poor quality, it was for an iPhone 5. And.... my phone is an iPhone 6! This fact, alone, caused fits of laughter and several jokes about how I can't turn down even the most useless free item. Despite all of this, I did write my Amazon review, suggesting that the company improve the quality of the case and spend less on the packaging.

Before checking the mailbox for my useless iPhone case, my mom and I went to Harris Teeter to get my free Daisy Squeeze sour cream. I was able to get 2 containers of sour cream for free. BzzAgent sent a free recipe booklet, so I may try a couple of the recipes in there. We ordered in tonight, so I didn't get a chance to try the product out just yet. My next post will probably include my thoughts on the sour cream and maybe some pictures of whatever recipe I decide to try!

I also wanted to mention that I checked my mailbox this evening and I received 2 free packages of SweetTart Mini Gummy Bites Candy from Smiley360, another market research site. I'll make sure to update you when I get a chance to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment